1. Entertainment
In today’s society more and more people are getting tattooed, making being “inked” a little more acceptable in main-stream America. Tattoos are showing up on CEOs, doctors, lawyers and even on Christian musicians and ministers, leading many people to ask “Is it OK for a Christian to have a tattoo?”

Comments

May 5, 2006 at 7:41 am
(1) Gerald Sharp says:

ON THE QUESTION OF TATOOS

While we must never judge the sinner but rather accept him, we must never accept sin. To say that one has sinned because one has a tattoo is debatable, as one may have not have known it was wrong at the time, and so it was not wilfull sin. I hope after reading this that you will however believe it is a sin to mark your body.

However, we are taught by our Lord to judge things by their fruit. Go into any tattoo shop and look at the pictures that are most prominent. you will see the images of rebellion everywhere. I believe this is because the spirit behind the tattoo is that that was behind Cain. God put a mark on Cain because he had killed his brother Abel. Marking the flesh is then a pleasure to the one who hates God. We should not give the devil this pleasure! Rebellion against God and authority is one of the most dangerous sins. Personally my own rebellion caused much pain for me. Do not mark yourself with a mark other than to be sealed by the spirit of God. Even the end time will see the mark of the beast on the flesh of men. Marking the flesh may be fashionable these days but it is certainly not biblically acceptable in my understanding.

LET ME END WITH A POWERFUL SCRIPTURE THAT GIVES GOD’S OWN VIEW:

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28

Hope this helps,

Gerald Sharp

May 5, 2006 at 3:44 pm
(2) Frank Holmes says:

Well put and there is an exception that Some don’t have any control over. I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer and taking radiation treatment. I had to have three small tatoos on my hips and stomach.

Just like the scripture says a little alcohol for the stomach sake. In case of medical treatment. There is no sin in that.

May 6, 2006 at 8:44 am
(3) alison says:

I have a beautiful large colored cross on my mid back. I got my tattoo when i was using alcohol and drugs. I wanted something beautiful to help balance out how ugly and sad I felt inside. The tattoo didn’t save me of course. I really wanted to look like a good girl and show the world I loved God. It took many years after that day in the tattoo shop to call on the Lord with all my heart, for my life to change. I am a woman in recovery who thanks God for that gift and each moment I have here. I still like my tattoo, it reminds me how i longed for his love like everyone does. I was searching and didn’t know how to find him. Praise God he is in my heart,and I hold his hand everyday.

May 6, 2006 at 4:38 pm
(4) B Jones says:

Amen Gerald! This topic is moot, scripture is scripture and it has not changed! Only we the people try to change everything to fit our own little mold. In the article to ask the question, “Is it right for me to get a tattoo?” God expects us to have a RIGHT and CLOSE relationship with Him through the Son of God. Everyone of us must have this relationship, and their are no respectors of persons in this. Just don’t do it, be in obedience to God just as it has always supposed to have been. No changes in God’s word last time I checked. Again, Thank you Gerald! God bless all of you!

May 7, 2006 at 12:26 am
(5) Ian says:

ok,i think all you high and mighty people should be more excepting of others, they want to be unique un like the the rest rest of of you conforming people, but im also not for non conformity becase … well put simply , its stupid, but conforming completly isnt really whats in any ones heart, and im tired so good night all

May 7, 2006 at 12:02 pm
(6) christianmusic says:

I wonder if I would get the same type of responses if I were to write a piece on hair and beards – “Men’s Grooming …To Cut or Not to Cut.”

Leviticus 19:27 says, “Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.”

If having a tattoo is a sin because we’re bound by the O.T. law, then logic says that men with short hair or a clean-shaven face would be a sin as well.

Going deeper, Leviticus 19:19 says, “‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.” According to that O.T. law, anyone who wears the popular cotton-poly blends that are found in every clothing store in America are sinning.

James 2:10 says, “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.” We can’t pick and choose. “Tattoos = bad, short hair and my favorite shirt = good.” It doesn’t work that way. We’re either law keeper or law breakers.

May 9, 2006 at 2:37 pm
(7) Dan O'Reilly says:

I, personally, consider myself a tatoo free zone. :) However, here’s a question to throw into the mix. Can a tatoo glorify God? I’ve seen pictures of Jesus, crosses and even ones that say Jesus Saves. We’re pronouncing judgement by looking at the outside. God looks at the heart.
Dan

May 9, 2006 at 2:55 pm
(8) chloe says:

In my opinion The SOME PARTS of the old testiment is not really that relevent anymore – as Jesus came to change the laws written in it. I believe that God does not want us to do anything that will hurt ourselves or damage ourselves in any way. He is not a strict God, and like someone wrote before, he looks at our hearts and our motives. What we have to think about is, what is the reason why you personally would get a tatoo? i guess its personal opinion.

May 9, 2006 at 3:04 pm
(9) Janene says:

hello and blessings to all,

here we are again discussing something that is so unnecessary while those that do not know the Lord go to hell as we type.

i am person that believes what paul said that “everything is permissable, but not everything is not beneficial.” there are hard truths in the word of God, but we are each responsible to apply this to our own lives not others. we don’t have the power to convict–that’s the Holy Spirits job.

as for tattos, i have one i got it before i knew the Lord, it has a pagan symbol on it. i was going to remove it because i kept catching a lot of religious flack about it (someone even prayed for my salvation because of it when i was already saved), but decided (with the Lord) that (a) when i am transfixed i am getting a new body so why give it creedence; and (b) it is part of my testimony and it may used as a tool by the Lord.

now, i do want a tattoo of the Holy Spirit on my back, which i will design myself and with pride and joy in Him. as for the old testament scriptures, from what i understand of OT scripture, God gave most or all of these scriptures as physical symbolism in preparation of the Messianic arrival. historically, tattooing in those times were a means of pledging alligances to tribes, sects, and idolatry of other Gods. just like we were (and to some still are) not allowed to eat the blood of an animal was because there were illness’ that there was no medicine for–well i like my steak medium rare and i am still alive–thank you Jesus. and i will pledge my all including my body to Him.

see a good link below with biblical references about the subject.

blessings yall,
Love in Christ,
janene

May 9, 2006 at 3:15 pm
(10) thehifidoc says:

I find that tattooing is forbidden in the bible. And rmeind you all that Jesus cames to fullfill the law not do do way with it.
Leviticus 19:28 (New International Version)

28 ” ‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

Please do your very best to discourage this practice.
As an employer, If I have a choice between one with a tattoo and one without, I will choose the unmarked candidate.

May 9, 2006 at 6:15 pm
(11) Melody Treadwy says:

My opinion is that All that matters is that you have Jesus in your Heart…But everyone is called and if you are called into the Ministry, God may deal with others differently because of the different callings on there life. because for some they can use that tool to bring others to the Lord to show thet have been there and done that and some God may say get rid of it that it is not profitable for your ministry… But remember we are not under the law but grace…and we need to do all things to the Glory of God! The only way for a Christian who has a tattoo already or about to get one is to Pray/Seek God ask the Holy Spirit to guide you beleive with patience the anwser to come and to really accept the anwser if he says yes or no and for those who dont have a tattoo yet and are saved My advice would be You is remember Jesus Loves you and it doesnt matter that others love you but that you love them and yourself in Christ!!!

Love you much in Christ my Brothers and Sisters!!!!

May 9, 2006 at 8:57 pm
(12) Adri says:

I just loved what my brother or sister in Christ wrote up there. Christianmusic, amem to you!
I laughed of joy you know why? Because that’s exactly what Jesus would say to those who want to keep the Law! Go ahead, but make sure you keep all of them!
Yes, the OT says, do not mark or cut your body, and yes, the OT says don’t cut your hair or shave…today, if a minister go to a Sunday service in the morning without shaving, some ” religious people” may as well say: Man, this guy is living in sin! He can’t be a man of God!!!!!
What about the suit and tie? Why in the world you ministers and pastors need a tie for? If you knew why it was created you wouldn’t even use it! A Tie was created to clean your mouth after eating! So…?
What about the SAturday? The Bible says : Keep the Saturday! Why everyone have services on Sunday? Now what?
We are all saved by GRACE. We are helpless if we think that we’ll be saved or holier by our actions of ” goodness”. It’s only by faith in HIM that He can actually work on us and brin gus from Glory to Glory!
Because we “love” Him we shall avoid sin, not through our power but by His wisdom, discerniment and Holy Spirit, our helper.
I say one thing: That which you know that is wrong, and yet you do, it’s sin for ” YOU”!
It’s like if I go to a church of Christ in another country, where women don’t wear pants, and their hair has to be pulled back always. For some reason for them it’s good to avoid “vanity”, and so… in an act of love toward teh body of Christ and to do not cause scandal to them, I would actually go ahead and attend their service with a skirt and my hair pulled back, so none of them would fall and this way I wouldn’t sin against the body of Christ.
The truth is: Because we love the BOdy of Christ we should be aware of His grace toward all, and do not forget that Our King has been cut and marked because of us!
We know that our physical body is God’s temple, the vehicle which He uses to reach people, so He can speak, help, touch, and love. The BOdy of Christ is formed by people with Tatoos, too!
I don’t say: Com’on , go ahead and get a huge tatoo on your forehead saying: I BELONG TO CHRIST! There are people who are so much in love with Christ, that…their way of expressing that Love to HIm could very well take them to this extreme, which for them, would not be extreme at all, but a proof of love for Christ.

” Prostitutes and robbers are entering the Kingdom of God ahead of you”…so said Jesus to the religious people back then. You know why?
Because they LOVED and believed Christ!

Mary washed Jesus feet with her hair. she was criticized, and probably it would seem ridiculous to some women today, who live in their hair stylist spending a fortune to get blonde! ( sorry, I just couldn’t let that pass…lol )!
What is the intention in your heart toward GOD????????????????????????

May 10, 2006 at 2:17 am
(13) David says:

Leviticus 19:27 says “Do not clip off the edges of your beard”. How can we say that ‘law’ is not relevant but the one about tattoos in the very next verse IS relevant?
In the Philipines where there are many Muslims Christians wear tattoos of the cross on the back of their hand. I had a Filipino pastor with just such a tattoo. In parts of that country this tattoo can get you killed! God knows our motives.
I actually wanted a tattoo for years, but being a comic artist I was so jaded that I just never saw a design so interesting that I would want it on my body for the rest of my life. Now I’m fairly indifferent to them- though I do have a problem with people who tattoo foreign words and symbols on themselves and have no idea what they mean- some of these ARE demonic or pagan and they seem to neither know or care…

May 10, 2006 at 7:15 am
(14) Leonie Brown says:

We can all use scripture to defend our point of view. The bible is grey in some areas and as humans we often use those scriptures to our advantage. Jesus came to forfill the law, not to abolish: Mat 5:17 Do not think that I have come to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to destroy but to fulfill.
He was very clear on the fact that nothing should be taken away…neither from the old or new testament…so the argument that the OT is not relevant does not stand.
Rev 22:19 And if anyone takes away from the Words of the Book of this prophecy, God will take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which have been written in this Book.
In fact, God says that those who do this will loose their salvation.
The bible in it’s totallity is the word of God…not just the NT. We cannot take away one dot or comma. That would make us god and the death of Jesus useless.
The quistion is not wheteher tatoos are wrong… the quistion is rather…is it an idol in your life? Is it so important to you that you will not give it up before God? Jesus asks us to sacrifice everything. That includes our personal likes and opinions. Are you prepared to sacrifice your opinion and ask Him what He wants you to do. The word Christian means’little Christ’.We cannot count ourselves as real Christians if we are not asking God first, and then doing. There should be no human arguments, only God’s will.

June 4, 2006 at 9:16 am
(15) Joseph Roberts says:

I am sorry for coming to the party a month late, but I just wanted to ask Brother Gerald to elaborate a bit about the mark of Cain. I thought God marked him to prevent him from being murdered (although David’s comment leads me to believe that tattoos can have the opposite effect)but it seems as though you are suggesting that the mark was a source of pleasure.

January 11, 2007 at 7:16 am
(16) Sarah says:

Greetings in the name our Lord,
I could not help but notice the fact that none of you mentioned the passage from Revelations which warns us against having the mark of the Beast on our bodies. Towards the end of the world, after the appearance of the Beast, people will be forced to bear the mark of the Beast in order to live in global world and continue trade.

January 17, 2007 at 7:40 pm
(17) ronnie says:

i would have to agree with janene in that we christians spend way too much time discussing whether something is a sin or not. i imagine there are some people with tattoos reading this who are watching the figurative tennis ball bounce back and forth on this debate and are wondering all the while, “is my tattoo ok or not?” whether or not you have ink in your skin matters as much to God as whether or not the world war II vet has shrapnel in his knee. unless your tattoo is something you are ashamed of, like if it has blasphemous words or otherwise, there’s really no problem with it. and besides, would you really want to spend the ten to twenty grand it costs to get it removed? God has called us to be good stewards, and tattoo removal seems to be a selfish way out of a little guilt. there are so many better ways to use our money. also, there are so many tattoo designs that could be a witnessing point to others “on the fringe”. ones like Alpha and the Omega refer to God’s sovreignity and power, bible references incur questions to what they say, etc. anyway, at the last judgment, God will judge our hearts, not our skin-to-ink ratio.

January 19, 2008 at 11:09 am
(18) joseph (Christian Tattoos) smith says:

I dont think making tattooes on the body is related to any religion. It is a fashion which can be followed by each communities.

January 19, 2008 at 5:14 pm
(19) Steve says:

In Lev.19:28 Is not the passage in refrance (in the honor of the (DEAD?) Idont know. What i do know is i am a child of OUR King JESUS. this is my view on the matter aat hand- Jesus said “…and I will make you fisher’s of men.” i fell there are a lot of people out there that are into getting inked that are truly after Gods heart and even more that are into getting inked that dont KNOW him. as a person that fishes ( for fish ) i find myself using differnt baits for differnt waters and differnt fish, i fell that it is an open door to form a relationship with people of a different circle that may be passed by because of apperance. (1 Cor. 9:19-27). My bros and sis’ we are all of the same Father if we have trusted Christ and accepted his salvation.The bottom line is ( were childern are not concerned) were is are hearts? May the God of peace bless you all richly!

January 25, 2008 at 1:04 pm
(20) Cassie says:

I think that tatoos are a problem area because when people see it even most unsaved people, they automatically think its a bad thing. Years ago the only people who got them were people into satanic worship and were involved in gangs. Also its sort of like nose peircing and things like that. Did you know those things started out as pagan animistic practices? If you study them you will find that out very quickly. Even if the Bible doesn’t soundly say “Don’t do this.” why would you even want to look like someone from a pagan tribe? the majority of people who get tatoos are not people who please God. If you are able to use a tatoo you got before salvation to share about God with someone, then thats great, but I’m sure there are better ways to witness. As far as people who got tatoos before salvation, if you associate with true christians they will not judge you for it. But I do not feel real born again christians should get them, themselves.

February 9, 2008 at 10:38 pm
(21) Derek says:

Isn’t Leviticus 19:28 refering to “the dead.”? Don’t cut your body for the dead, nor tatoo your body For I am the LORD. ? Isn’t that what it’s refering too. And didn’t Jesus come to save us BY grace and not by works?

March 26, 2008 at 10:16 am
(22) LBSPORT says:

So I am guessing that you live by all the other rules and regulations in the Old Testament?

April 12, 2008 at 5:53 am
(23) Michelle says:

Does it actually say ‘tattoo’ in the bible?!?
I’m reading this because I have two tattoos. One of them is a Guardian Angel on my shoulder blade. The other is a shamrock with the word ‘Dad’ in honour of my dead father. I felt closer to him when I had this done.
Reading the previous posts I’m confused because what about the African tribes who all tattoo themselves as a right of passage? There must be millions of good people with tattoos and very evil people without them. When it comes to going to heaven to the people with tattoos have to be outsorted?!

April 15, 2008 at 8:03 am
(24) Minime says:

I think this is where we as Christians allow the world to come into our lives and little by little we become the world and not the other way around. Satan is steadily deceiving the young and old in our society. It’s not about us, it’s about Jesus. Does marking or piercing our body glorify God? I think not. Who are we worshipping here? If we will conduct our lives in a way that is an example of Jesus, we won’t have to put marks on our bodies. If we are trying to be like the world….we will use excuses for having tattoos.

May 20, 2008 at 10:40 am
(25) Ken says:

To ink or not to ink…. that’s almost a secondary question to the one I see running through this thread. That is – how do we know if something is “right” or “wrong”. Those who try to play Bible Bingo pulling quotes out of context to justify a particular viewpoint are missing the thrust of what Jesus’ teachings were about.

In the Old Testament, there were rules and requirements about every conceivable thing. I don’t understand how folks can pick or choose certain verses to defend a viewpoint – and ignore others! To use OT quotes to condemn tattooing… Well you must also believe that men can have many wives, concubines, etc. And, it’s a sin to touch a woman who’s having their period. Most (even Christian) women I know would be pretty offended if you asked them if they were having their period before you gave them a hug!

I’m plowing through the OT now (in the middle of II Kings right now) and am amazed at all of the rules and regulations that Christians selectively exclude, while focusing on others. Even Jesus was perfectly clear about many issues that confront Christians. Some that he seems to be perfectly clear about, we rationalize away, i.e. divorce.

That’s where the Spirit needs to be remembered. Words are just that. Translated and interpreted over and over and over again. It’s the Spirit that informs each of our own minds and hearts.

Writing this, with my dove of the Holy Spirit inked on my arm – reminding me that God is on me and in me. This is placed over a cross reminding me that as my tat will last forever on my body, this life is just the path to eternity with Jeus.

May 22, 2008 at 1:09 pm
(26) Shae says:

I believe Jesus Christ had the first “tattoo” from what is written:

Revelation 19:16
On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

July 23, 2008 at 12:51 pm
(27) Danny says:

Hi am thinking about getting a tattoo to show that I believe in God. I am sick of the worsening standards in society worldwide and believe that a small image may make a difference. I know that it states in the holy bible that it is wrong but what if it does good is that still wrong? Thank you for your help and god bless you.

July 24, 2008 at 10:40 am
(28) Mercedes says:

This is a question i’ve been battling with for months now. I asked my pastor in hopes of a clear answer, but he answered just as he should-he said, “have you asked God what He thinks”?
And well, immediately I expressed my feelings to God and am waiting patiently for His answer. I keep running into the ‘tattoo subject’, for i know my answer is just around the corner.

I have wanted a tattoo for years now, but because I could not decide on something that truly represented me (or what i tought i was), then i never did.
Now that i am saved, i feel that if i choose to mark my body, it will only be to glorify Him. I want a small fish, in symbol of my believe and faith in Jesus. I have this vision of curious unbelievers approaching me about it, and have the opportunity to introduce lost sheep to our Saviour.
The answer is still gray…

July 24, 2008 at 4:20 pm
(29) gordier says:

thank you ken, my tat says: i serve the father of truth~

July 24, 2008 at 4:23 pm
(30) melinda says:

thank you ken, my tat says: ~ i serve the father of truth ~

July 29, 2008 at 6:55 pm
(31) Prozpris says:

David I completely agree with you. As a verse is provided to reference a point we fail to point out before and after the verse. There are several versus in Leviticus 19 that I am almost certain are not taking place today. I always had a bit of a problem when a verse is used to drive a point but the context of the chapter is left out. I guess that’s why you need to read for your self.

July 29, 2008 at 7:39 pm
(32) Amy says:

If we cannot get tattoos, we can’t pierce our ears or cut our hair or apply makeup or anything either. I believe somethings may be toxic to your PERSONAL relationship with God. That’s just it, though. It’s PERSONAL. You have no CLUE where people come from or why they dress the way they do or why they get inked. I prayed before getting each piercing (9 ear piercings and one eyebrow piercing), because I understand that SPIRITUALLY I can be slipping and SPIRITUALLY I could be letting things in, but I waited to hear the “OK GO” from God before doing it. Same goes for my tattoo. It’s a trinity symbol representing the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I waited FOUR YEARS for the “OK GO”. I had money set aside for it. Yes, the bible says my body is a temple. Ya know what? Temples have stained glass windows. And artwork. And people STILL find God there. It’s OKAY for some people to get tattoos and piercings, if their personal relationship with Jesus Chris will not be jeopardized because of it. I come from a place of brokenness and trials just like all of you, but my tattoo is a constant reminder of the impact Jesus has on my life. He is permanent, just like my tattoo.

Revelation 19:16 – And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name
written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

A tattoo is defined as a marking or coloring of the skin. The bible
says that Jesus had these words written on his vesture (the hem of his
robe) AND on his thigh (on his actual leg.)

August 2, 2008 at 3:57 am
(33) Michael Peterson says:

Let us not forget Leviticus 19:27 also says not to “not clip your hair at the temples, nor trim the edges of your beard”
And 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 refers to prostitution and sexual deviance, NOT skin markings.

August 23, 2008 at 10:46 am
(34) Dr. Virgil says:

All of this has given me an overwhelming desire to get a tattoo and have my ears pierced….

September 5, 2008 at 2:28 pm
(35) PAMELA says:

we are not under the law of the old testament and therefore are forgiven for all the transgressions of our youth! There are many references in the bible against things like tatoos but it is all in the interpritation of man and if it convicts you, don’t do it and if it does not that is between you and GOD!@

November 24, 2008 at 12:39 pm
(36) melissa smith says:

the Bible says in Lev. 19:28-Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord. so i think we should do what God says to do and not get one.

March 5, 2009 at 1:08 am
(37) Kevin Glygoroff says:

I see alot of perverted views in this area. What part of denying the flesh don’t some of you get. Justify it as you will, but it is also Jesus, who was the same God who said it again in the Old Testement, that gave the commandment not to make any cuts or printings on youself.
Any kind of piercings are also demonic. When someone was pierced in the Bible it was a symbol of ownership. When someone is getting an earring, or whatever, I am sure that it is not to glorify God at the time. There are only two kingdoms in this world.
Who tells these people to get tatoos?
God or satan?
I have not seen in the Bible where God told someone to get a tatoo. Whose kingdom are you going to serve?
The kingdom of God or the kingdom of satan?
It is that black and white. The Bible translates itself and just like the rise and fall of the Isarelites in the Old Testement so goes the way of this country. “give us a king like those around us” DO NOT BE MISLED !!! Satan is the king of this world, the prince of the power of the air. If you are truly seeking God, following Jesus and being led by the Holy Spirit there is no need to even think of mutilating yourself. Deny the flesh, not glorify the flesh. As for as doctors goes…The Great Physician is our all in all.
God cursed the ground and not us.
Praise the Lord God Alimighty, Hallelujah!

March 12, 2009 at 4:33 pm
(38) helen says:

I have 5 tattoos at the moment, i am having another one tomorrow, my first tattoo i got when i wasnt really saved and i got a star, i then got a H and R for me and my husband, i have a C with a star for my baby chloe…but i also have ixoye (Jesus Christ, God, Son, Saviour) and i have a icthus (spelling???) on my back…although i know people associate tattoos with things of this world, and yes most of the designs in there are no very nice, but by having my chrstian tattoos i have been able to witness to many people, and i belevie that poeple think see me as “cool” or see me as someone they can talk to, i think its peoples own opinion and they should pray about it before they do it, and if they feel peace with it…go ahead do things for the glory of the lord!

August 3, 2009 at 1:44 pm
(39) Chris says:

I have been married for 19 years. I have never worn a wedding ring because I don’t like the feel of rings, watches, necklaces, or any thing like that. Not because of a conviction. I just can’t stand the feel of it. Anyhow, I have thought for years about a wedding ring tattoo, especially since I have rededicated my life to God. I have been torn on this because my wife wants me to get one, but I have 3 teenage children that I do not want to influence and cause to stumble (NT teaching). Which is what I feel the Holy Spirit dealing with me about. My wife points to her temple with a circular motion (indicating I’m crazy) when I try to explain that. She thinks I have an overly sensitive conscious about it. I’m still undecided, but leaning on the side of not getting a tattoo.

December 9, 2009 at 9:53 pm
(40) Derrick says:

for those of you that believe tattoos are a sin what do ya ll think bout the following verses. i for one think tattoos are fine…
Leviticus 19:26-27 (New International Version)

26 Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it. Do not practice divination or sorcery.

27 Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

April 25, 2010 at 7:35 pm
(41) Alyssa says:

saying it’s a sin to get a tattoo is like saying it’s a sin to paint your nails