1. Entertainment
Kim Jones

The Letter Black

By September 1, 2009

The Letter Black - Breaking The SilenceTooth & Nail Records' newest band, The Letter Black, will be releasing their debut EP on September 22. Breaking The Silence, which is also their former name, seriously shows off the vocal prowess of female vocalist Sarah Anthony. Her husband Mark Anthony (guitar / background vocals), Mat Slagle (drummer) and Terry Johnson (guitar) meet her note for note, making this a release that you hard rock fans won't want to miss!

If the name is ringing bells for you, but you're not sure why, think Skillet and The Awake and Alive Tour. The Letter Black will be sharing the stage with Skillet, Hawk Nelson, and Decyfer Down.

Comments

October 15, 2009 at 2:38 pm
(1) Jerry Conner says:

Myself and my future wife enjoyed hearing them.
They set up Skillst and the other groups well.
We hope others will hear them and play their
christan music.

October 25, 2009 at 12:53 pm
(2) Robert says:

I had never heard of them before, but when I went to see Skillet & DecyferDown at the nokia club in L.A this weekend I was pleasently surprised. They were fantastic! I would definately recommend checking them out.

October 31, 2009 at 1:32 am
(3) Bill says:

I also seen them with Skillet and Decyfer Down. I too was very impressed. I am in my 40′s and I am used to listening to Metallica, Motley and Scops and so on. This was my first Christian rock concert and I really enjoyed it. The Letter Black was great and will continue to listen to them in the future.

November 2, 2009 at 2:13 pm
(4) Mikayln Adnerson says:

i get to go see then in a week in casper

November 6, 2009 at 2:24 pm
(5) Kaitlyn says:

They rock!!! They’re still pretty new, you can tell. She was out of breath when she introduced them after the first song, but I was very impressed. Great lyrics and a stinkin awesome sound. She’s a great rocker, and she can screem! Not too common!

November 29, 2009 at 8:20 pm
(6) Alexa says:

she’s an awesome singer, she has a fantastic voice, i really like that sing hanging on by a thread that’s such an awesome song.

February 19, 2010 at 11:48 pm
(7) Dennis says:

Great stuff. The EP is Awesome!!

August 7, 2010 at 10:11 am
(8) Nancy says:

This was one of the last posts my daughter made to her Facebook before she died at the age of 21.

‎”Finally I’m worth it, though I’m not perfect, It still feels right. And I keep on givin’, try’n to make a difference In my life”- The Letter Black

She made a HUGE difference – we just learned about how many she impacted at her university – how she was a Godly woman and got them back on track with God.