1. Entertainment
Kim Jones

Carman is Not Going Down Without a Fight

By February 15, 2013

CarmanFour months ago, when Carman's mother, the 89-year-old "Momma Nancy," had a heart attack and the doctor's were not optimistic about her survival, he prayed and asked his fans from around the world to do the same. Three days later she was out of the hospital and living her life (albeit with less salt).

Yesterday, Carman once again asked for prayer - but this time it was for his own health. The 57-year-old singer has been diagnosed with Myeloma and the doctors have given him 3 - 4 years. Today he is going in for a bone biopsy to begin the treatment process. In true Carman fashion, he is not bemoaning his diagnosis. He is not closing his ministry doors while he fights for his life. No, this man flat says, "I will continue to minister and win souls until I can't do it any longer. My life has always been about ministry. I have a call of God to touch lives with the gospel of Jesus Christ and that's what I will do until the Lord calls me home." He asks that fans come see him when he's in their area and bring friends who don't know the Lord and he vows to stand and fight like the champion that he is, promising,  "I will not leave this world quietly and I want the devil to know that he put cancer on absolutely the wrong Italian."

Please join me in praying for Carman.

Image courtesy of: Carman Ministries. Used by permission.

Connect with Kim Jones:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Newsletter

Comments

February 18, 2013 at 10:25 pm
(1) Janice Rogers says:

I just saw that Carmen was diagnosed with Myeloma. I just wanted to share with him that I was diagnosed with Myeloma 11/05. I know that he knows this but I have learned that God has the Final authority and He is in control. I had a stem cell transplant in 2006 with my sister as my donor and I am doing well. I know without a doubt that God provided my sister and He has been by my side throughout this journey. He has been my healer, my comforter, my Savior, my friend. It was to Him I cried out to in the dark hours of the night and He has been faithful to sustain me.
I first heard Carmen in the late 1980s at Ft Gordon, Ga. We took a youth group to see him. He inspired all of us.
I will be praying for him.

February 19, 2013 at 5:25 pm
(2) zoraida says:

The Lord is our strenght in the time of need. Please let Carman know that the Lord is with him. He will see him through. He is a warrior, and I know that my faifthful God will be with him. He has touch the lives of many people including my life through his ministry. Is in those dark moments that God let you know that he is with you. Our prayer will be with him. Keep fighting warrior because God will give you the victory

February 21, 2013 at 1:28 pm
(3) Dion Richardson says:

I’ve been a huge fan of Carman since his first project “Some O’ Dat”. I’ve been to several of his concerts including a taping of his Christmas special when I was in college. I will stand in agreement that he will walk out of this with a powerful testimony of God’s healing!

February 21, 2013 at 7:04 pm
(4) ZELMA BLACK says:

DEAR, BROTHER, CARMAN, I TOO AM FACING A PHYSICAL BATTLE, AND MY LORD HAS BEEN WITH ME EVERY STEP OF THIS, TEST JOURNEY EXODUS 15-26, HAS BEEN MY PROMISE FROM MY LORD, WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH, WE HAVE TO BE CHAMPIONS FOR OUR LORD, SO HE GETS ALL THE GLORY. BECAUSE IT IS NOT ABOUT US, ITS ALL ABOUT HIM!, I WILL LIKE SOO MANY, WHO HAVE BEEN BLESSED, BY YOUR AWESOME MUSIC , BE HOLDING YOU UP IN OUR PRAYERS, FOR THERE IS POWER IN PRAYERS! i know you have already proven you are a champion, by your testimony, and by keep kepping on! FOR YOUR LABOR IS NOT IN VAIN IN HIS LOVE MRS. ZELMA BLACK IN RESEDA CA,

February 27, 2013 at 11:09 am
(5) DEANNA says:

Carmen,
Our family has been blessed by your ministry for many years.
We are praying for you. The word says “I am the Lord that healeth thee”
we are agreeing with you for your healing.
We always enjoy it when you are hosting on TBN.
We love you and appreciate you and will continue praying for you .
DeAnna W.

February 27, 2013 at 12:03 pm
(6) Audrey Smith says:

Carman,
I watched TBN last night & heard that the enemy has attacked your body. He is a liar & defeated.

I will be in prayer for you. Many times God has reminded me that in the Word it says when we pray in secret God rewards us openly. I have prayed for many people in my life & I have seen GOD do many wonderful things!

I have enjoyed your ministry on TBN many times. God bless you!

Audrey

March 20, 2013 at 1:01 pm
(7) Becky Stodola says:

Carmen, you already have the victory in Christ Jesus our Lord. I encourage you to meditate Isaiah 53: 3-5. Your healing is a finished work on the cross . Praise the Lord!! With long life will he satisfy you and show you his salvation. Amen! I’m expecting to hear a praise report. To God be all the glory!

March 20, 2013 at 5:58 pm
(8) Linda says:

Carmen is a great singer, and actor. He helped me understand the seven attributes when praising Jesus. He also helped me understand how evil, cunning, crafty, and sly the enemy can be through his music. Carmen is a wonderful creature God has made and I agree with him, the devil did choose the wrong Italian to mess with. My prayers are with you Carmen that God will help you travail and that God will heal you from this disease. I never known you to sit down on the job and you have help save many. I will also pray that God will continue to strengthen you each and every day until He calls you home.

March 27, 2013 at 1:26 pm
(9) Josephine says:

carmen is a man og god i have listened to his music and the God that we serve is a healer in isiah 53 it says by his stripes carmen is healed . satan is a liour and the truthis not in him God is a Big God . i will be praying for my brother carmen i know that he is Born again hang in my brother God isnt finished with you yet my Brother . just remember that the Lord heals on this earth and when we go to heaven we will be more whole then on this earth . . i los both of my parents and i felt bad But what gave me hope knowing that i will see them again . live doesnt stop it is only the Begening

March 29, 2013 at 12:23 pm
(10) Kim Barnes says:

I have been listening to your music since I was a child. I first heard you in a small church in Mccomb, Ms. You were also at Mississippi AG youth convention in Jackson, Ms in the 80′s. That was soon after your release of Champion. We meet you after the service and you thought I was telling a story when I told you my last name was Champion. You had to ask my youth pastor (Keith Fox) if I was telling you the truth. You just don’t know how excited you made a AG youth group that day….well the girls in the group anyway. We went back to our hotel that night on cloud nine because we had actually talked to and hugged Carman. You are still as good looking today as you were that night. Your music has ministered to me for years. I join with you today praying for your complete healing. God Bless You Carman, you have won many lives for his kingdom.

April 1, 2013 at 11:12 pm
(11) hannah says:

Carmen-you are on my prayer list…the fervent and effectual prayers of a righteous wo/man availeth much! I love you my fellow Italian Pizzano, but Jesus Christ-El y Ja loves you so much more!!!! You shall LIVE and NOT die and PROCLAIM the GOODNESS of the LORD in the land of the LIVING!

April 9, 2013 at 11:56 am
(12) Christine Buffkin says:

Carmen
I am praying for you as I prayed for myself . Over 13 years ago as the lord decided to heal me. I humbly acknowledged that I didn’t deserve to be saved and that I couldn’t fight Him and since all things that the enemy wants to throw our way has to be approved by the Master first, I asked the Lord if I only had 9 months to live keep His joy in me that I always had so everyone could see that I was hanging on to the real thing BUT if He decided to heal me, give me a testemony to beat the band. Well I am beating the band all over the place. I wintessed to my doctor, the nurses, an older woman and myself were discussing the Bible and every one in the waiting room listened in for an uplifting afternoon. My Paster even called to tell me he has never talked to anyone as happy as I was after being diagnosed with cancer. I was ready either way for whatever my Lord had planned because I knew He knew what He wanted to accomplish through my trial. I learned humility more than ever and I wouldn’t want to go through that again but I took the affliction and turned it into a spirtual journey.

April 15, 2013 at 10:13 am
(13) Barbara says:

As of March 5 ‘Cancer doctors are positive from the bone biopsy that’s it’s Multiple Myeloma and want me on chemotherapy right away.’ ‘The Holistic Doctor discovered that this actually started 4 years ago and went undiagnosed by 12 different physicians, till now anyway.’

Carman says “I am following the holistic approach to the letter. No sugar ( it accelerates cancer cells) No breads (it turns into sugar in your system) NO diet drinks (it embalms you while your still alive). Basically fruits, vegetables, certain meats, nuts and lots of well planned supplements. Like my favorite “triple strength liquid Chlorophyll”.
“I will know by the last week in April what, if any, progress I’ve made” All this from his FB page.
My family is in daily prayer for Carman. I’m believing that he’ll stomp what the devil is trying to put on him! GO Carman …devil, bite the dust!.

April 17, 2013 at 2:38 pm
(14) Jane says:

Hey Carman,
Suffice it to say that my family and I love the music, love the videos and all in all fantastic music.
But I want to remind you, that you are a spiritual being and no one knows better than God, what is in your body. There is a ministry group in Thomaston, Georgia, called “Be In Health”. This ministry has a profound understanding of disease and how God heals today. Please brother, contact them soon, so that you can be set completely free. Also, purchase a book called “A More Excellent Way” by Henry Wright. There is nothing that you can take or do for your body that would be better than taking this action.
In Christ’s love,
Jane

April 23, 2013 at 4:54 pm
(15) Linda Raymond says:

Your music took my children through the teenage years and me through my adulthood. I loved the poetry of it all, like David and the Psalms. I, too, faced cancer and our Christian country prayed for me; even after my one doctor said the prognosis does not look good and my oncologist said my type of cancer was a death sentence. Many people witnessed my recovery from first the cancer and chemo and then from CHF with an EF of 15. Since then I have been recovering from many things, but I always turn to prayer first. You have many more gifts than I do so I understand why you would want to continue to serve. I just said, “Either way Lord I’m okay with it–meeting you in heaven or being here with my grandchildren.”

May 15, 2013 at 5:07 pm
(16) Juanita says:

My dear brother in Christ,
After my husband died from cancer in 2003, I found out about all of the natural cures for cancer that God has provided. I just recently cancelled two cancer insurance policies because I will never take chemo or radiation, and probably would not have surgery . . . and that’s all those policies would pay for! Check out “natural cures for cancer”, especially the ‘Budwig protocol’ using cottage cheese and organic cold-pressed flaxseed oil – it’s one of the best!
God is The Great Physician and He is in control. I pray that you will be able to witness to many more for Our Lord because of this cancer. God can bring GOOD out of bad things, and we will give Him praise and glory no matter what He chooses to do – because He is God and worthy of all our praise!
My children and I saw you live in San Antonio, TX in the early 80s. What a blessing it was! May God heal you and continue to use you in ministry. You are an example for so many. Thank you, and I thank God for you too.
Hey, the physicians don’t know when they are going to die either. Only God knows that. I’ll continue praying for you and your doctors.
Another sister in Christ, Juanita Rogers

May 26, 2013 at 6:04 pm
(17) DA says:

I will pray for Carman’s recovery, however, Satan knows he’s fighting a futile fight. He doesn’t need any of us to let him know. Whether a person is Italian or German or American or…etc etc doesn’t enter into God’s hand of providence, protection, and grace.

June 24, 2013 at 4:19 am
(18) Luella Friesen says:

I am a survivor of cancer (30 years ago), at that time I had a dream, and in my dream I saw a doctor dressed in white, he said to me, “Luella, you will be fine if you get plenty of rest, avoid stress, and eat small amounts of food” so I made a few major life changes in relationships, started eating mostly fruit and vegetables (avoided bread, fries, and potatoes) and obtained rest through music, holidays, lots of foot rubs, and a few fun relationships. I did continue my regular check ups for five years, however; and now, 30 years later, I am still fine. In fact, I went back to university and received my Bachelor of Arts Degree.

I will pray for you tonight Carmen, nothing is too hard for God. Love Luella

August 22, 2013 at 11:43 am
(19) Pam Racine says:

I just read this and was shocked to see it. God is still in control and will always be. I don’t think that God is done using you and your ministry.
I will pray for you daily and praise God first for your talent and music being sure to give him all the glory.
I wish you the best in your treatment. May God prove once again his power to this world.
Thanks for all your music.

October 14, 2013 at 6:54 pm
(20) sandra mcmurry says:

I first heard your music a few years ago. It is my favorite album. God has given you a blessed talent and you have increased it for God’s glory many times over. I will pray FOR YOU BECAUSE I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT God DOES ANSWER PRAYERS BEING A CANCER survivor 0f 8 years. My favorite verse is Jeremiah 29:11. Hang on to it because GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. Sandy

October 24, 2013 at 12:46 pm
(21) Francis says:

Carman, I was talking to a friend and the lyrics of one of your songs came to mind…when the devil reminds you of your past, just remind him of his.
You have been on my heart for a few weeks even though I have not followed your ministry for many years. A few weeks ago I recalled and looked up your video, “I feel Jesus’.
Today after recalling the phrase above I looked up your ministry and found this news..I believe God is calling people to pray for you and that this is why He brought you to bare on my own heart…praying for complete healing!
In Jesus’ name.

November 8, 2013 at 7:44 pm
(22) sunny dickerson says:

Tonight my oldest son came over with a new computer for me and after he finished setting it up ..he said Mom see if you remember this and he put on one of Carmans proformances from 1980 something! You sang Lazeraus and my son said to me Mom remember when we took my new boom box and went out into the streets of our neighborhood and played this song as loud as we could and we made sure all could hear it….it was so full of the annointing of God I remembered how we witnessed to people and prayed for them and told them about Lazeraus .Carmen I was diagnoused with a nervous breakdown and told I would be skitzophrenick etc. one doctor told me I should curse God and kill myself! that was in 1983…God delivered me and set me free from every kind of fear imaginable in 1984…PTL I am free to this day and you will be too! Sunny