The Devil Wears Prada Formed:
The Devil Wears Prada was formed in 2005 in Dayton, Ohio.
The Devil Wears Prada Lineup:
- Mike Hranica (Vocals/Lyrics)
- Chris Rubey (Guitar)
- Jeremy DePoyster (Guitar/Vocals)
- James Baney (Keys)
- Daniel Williams (Drums)
- Andy Trick (Bass)
The Devil Wears Prada Biography - The Early Days:
When The Devil Wears Prada first formed in Dayton, they consisted of Mike, James, Chris and Daniel. Their first show was played with a fill-in bass player (Ziggy "Trick Daddy" Jerome) and no rhythm guitar player. Their band name was inspired by the book, The Devil Wears Prada
by Lauren Weisburger. Mike explained that the name wasn't just picked because they liked the title. He said, "What we believe it to mean is that possessions don't matter at all and someday everyone will realize that this is true. When standing before God, He won't care about your sweet Prada scarf or Gucci shoes or whatever. It's a Christian reasoning for the name, we didn't name it to attempt at being fashionable or whatever."
After playing shows around Dayton and shopping their demo to a few labels, the band was signed by Rise Records. Their debut album released in 2006, selling 50,000 over copies.
The Devil Wears Prada Facts:
- As of December 2011, TDWP has received over 79 million plays on MySpace.
- The band was formed before the popular movie came out.
- The Devil Wears Prada has performed on the Vans Warped Tour three times - in 2008, 2009 and 2011.
- TDWP was nominated by fans as one of the best Extreme Bands in the About.com 2011 Readers' Choice Awards
The Devil Wears Prada Discography:
The Devil Wears Prada Starter Songs:
The Devil Wears Prada News: