- Brandon Hargest - born March 17 1987
- Brittany Hargest - born August 2, 1988
- Chris Fedun - born June 14, 1986
- Lesley Moore - born October 15, 1986
Jump5 Biography - The Early YearsJump5 hit the airwaves in 2001 as a "family-friendly alternative to the sex-driven teen pop scene being played on airwaves all over the country." Brother and sister Brandon and Brittany Hargest, along with their long-time friends, Lesley Moore, Libby Hodges and Chris Fedun, quickly became the teen phenominom known as Jump5.
After only three years and a ton of success, the group downsized when Libby left the band. The rest of the group continued forward as "teen idols", but with a difference ...
"All along," said Brandon in a press release, "we wanted to do more than just entertain people; we wanted to help them too."
Jump5 chooses to give ’tweens and teenagers what they want without sacrificing what they need — healthy, positive messages about being true to yourself, respecting and accepting others, and enjoying all life has to offer. The beauty of it was (and still is) that they never had to stoop to wearing scanty clothes or bringing undercurrents of sex into the picture to be popular.
Jump5 Hits the MainstreamBeing able to cross the boundries usually associated with Christian musicians has allowed Jump5 to perform in front of millions, with appearances on Nickelodeon, ABC Christmas Morning with Regis and Kelly three years in a row, two walk-ons on CBS Early Show, performances on Crystal Cathedral, PTL and the Disney Channel. They are as "at home" on major stages as they are in smaller churches.
Four Jump5 songs have landed on major motion pictures (The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Sleepover, Ella Enchanted, Brother Bear), and a performance for President George W. Bush at The White House rounds out an impressive resume for anyone ... and they are only teens!
“We love this life, and we wouldn’t want to miss these opportunities we’re having right now,” Brandon says. “We’re just having fun with it. We think it’s a blast! We wouldn’t change anything.”
Jump5 Says GoodbyeIn mid-2007, Jump 5 announced that they will be performing a farewell tour in the fall before going on with their now adult lives. In an interview with Christian Today, Chris shared that he will be moving to California to study acting while continuing to dance and create music. Leslie, who is in school in Nashville, announced that she is engaged to be married and brother and sister duo Brandon and Brittany told interviewer Courtney Lee that they will be staying in music by way of their own band, GUEST.
Jump 5 Discography
- Hello & Goodbye - 2007 (Compare Prices)
- Rock This Christmas - 2005
- Shining Star - 2005 (Compare Prices)
- The Very Best of Jump5 - 2005 (Compare Prices)
- Dreaming in Color - 2004 (Compare Prices)
- Mix It Up - 2004
- Accelerate - 2003 (Compare Prices)
- All the Joy in the World - 2002 (Compare Prices)
- All the Time in the World - 2002 (Compare Prices)
- Jump5 - 2001 (Compare Prices)
Jump 5 Fun & Trivia
- Jump 5 Lyrics Challenge
- What Is Jump5 Listening To? - Their Top 5 Picks - 6/05
- Jump5 - Photo Gallery
- Kids in Christian Music
Jump 5 News & Notes
- Jump 5 shares 2007 in Review / 2008 New Year's Resolutions
- Jump 5 Final Tour - Hello & Goodbye
- Jump 5 Interview - 6/05
- Jump 5 "It's A Beautiful World" Video Premier - 3/05
- Jump 5 Video Game - 2/05
- Jump 5 Performs at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital - 12/04
- Jump 5 Jump5 with Special Guest Everlife Perform Nationwide During Holiday - 11/04
- Jump 5 With Hilary and Haylie Duff - 9/04
- Jump 5 Performs at Walt Disney World's Night of Joy 2004 - 9/04
- Jump 5 Releases Dreaming In Color This September - 8/04