Kutless Formed:Kutless was formed in 1999 in Portland, Oregon.
- Jon Micah Sumrall - vocals
Jeff Gilbert - drums
Dave Luetkenhoelter - bass
James Mead - guitar
Nick Departes - guitar
Ryan Shrout - guitar - left Kutless in '07 after his daughter was born with an eye condition called Coloboma.
Kutless BiographyThe Christian rock band Kutless released its self-titled debut on BEC recordings in 2002. The members, who had all gone to church together, had been together for three years. The road they've traveled in the 10+ years since has been long, but it's been pretty impressive too.
Kutless played 220 shows their first year to almost 200,000 people, showing the world that they were serious about getting God's music on stage. Being the "Best selling new artist of 2002" was a direct result of that, while being a huge feat because they did it in just six months since their debut album was a mid-year record release. Having three number one R&R Rock singles is another pretty big deal. One top 5 CHR single that unexpectedly became the longest charting song in the history of the R&R CHR chart.
Twelve years later the band is more seasoned, but still as passionate as ever. In the time that we've known and loved Kutless, they've released six studio albums and one live album. They've played hundreds of shows in several countries to over 1.6 million fans. Not bad for a band who started out on the national scene with no track record at all!
Kutless News & Notes
- Kutless Discography
- Photo Gallery - Strong Tower Tour
- Kutless Tour Dates
- Kutless Fan Quiz
- Kutless Lyrics Quiz
- Kutless - One is of the Top Christian Rock Bands
- Kutless is Nominated as the Best Christian Rock Band in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards
- Kutless is Nominated as the Best Christian Rock Band in the 2011 Readers' Choice Awards
- Interview with Kim Jones - Strong Tower Tour
- 2004 Reader's Choice Winners
- 2003 Interview with Kim Jones - Recording Sea of Faces
Kutless LinksKutless Official Site
Kutless Guitar Tab