12 Stones Formed:
12 Stones was formed in Mandeville, Louisiana (a small suburb North of New Orleans) in 2000. The band's name is a reference to Biblical principles and their faith - the twelve stones in the Hoshen (a breastplate worn by the high priest of Levitical order in the Old Testament) and the twelve apostles that followed Jesus.
12 Stones Members:
- Paul McCoy – Vocals
- Eric Weaver – Guitar
- Aaron Gainer - Drums
- Will Reed - Bass
12 Stones Former Members:
- Brad Reynolds - Bass
- Justin Rimer - Guitar
- Kevin Dorr - Bass (left in 2004)
- Michael McManus – Drums
The Early Days:
Mandeville, Louisiana is a small, rural town. Because of that fact, the original members of 12 Stones knew up front that unless they played cover songs in local clubs, they had to go beyond their roots. A trip to New York to play for industry reps was a big step, but a necessary one. Wind-up Records singed the young band (only one of them was over 21) and sent them to L.A. to record their debut.
"Big Time" Gets Bigger:
A year after their debut album released with one of the songs being featured on The Scorpion King soundtrack, lead singer Paul McCoy was paired up with Evanescence on "Bring Me to Life." The song became a hit and was included on the Daredevil soundtrack as well as on Evanescence's debut album, Fallen before going on to win a Grammy for "Best Hard Rock Performance" in 2003. Potter's Field, 12 Stones' sophomore release, went on to have two more songs teamed up with big screen hits - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Elektra.
A New Record Label:
After nine years, three full length albums and one EP with Wind-Up, 12 Stones left the label and singed with Executive Music Group. Only Human, their debut with EMG will hit stores on September 6, 2011.
12 Stones Discography:
- Beneath the Scars, May 22, 2012 (Purchase/Download)
- The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday, 2010
- Anthem For The Underdog, 2007 (Purchase/Download)
- Potter's Field, 2004
- 12 Stones, 2002
12 Stones Starter Songs:
- "We Are One" - Purchase/Download
- "Speak Your Mind" - Purchase/Download
- "Adrenaline" - Purchase/Download
- "Psycho" - Purchase/Download
- "Enemy" - Purchase/Download
- "That Changes Everything" - Purchase/Download
- "Crash" - Purchase/Download
12 Stones News & Notes:
- 12 Stones - A Top Christian Hard Rock Band
- If You Like P.O.D., You Should Check Out...
- 12 Stones has one of the Top Christian Songs of 2012
- Top 40 Christian Songs of 2010
- 12 Stones is featured in the computer game, Guitar Praise
12 Stones & Sports:
The music of 12 Stones has gotten a lot of air time in sporting entertainment and video.
- 2011 - "Anthem For The Underdog" was used in NASCAR 2011: The Game video game and was the at-bat music for Corey Hart of the Milwaukee Brewers. "We Are One" is used in the video montage for the Washington Capitals 2010-2011 season.
- 2010 - "We Are One" was used as the theme song for the WWE Raw group, The Nexus.
- 2009 - "Adrenaline" was one of four songs used by the Detroit Red Wings in their intro during the '09 Playoffs.
- 2007 - "Adrenaline" was used in the World's Strongest Man competition.
- 2004 - "Running out of Pain" and "Back Up" were used in Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story. "Back Up" was used for the WWE Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels Hell in a Cell promo.
- 2003 - "Home" was used for the WWE Desire video for Kurt Angle.
- 2002 - "Broken" was the theme song for WWE Judgment Day.
- 2001 - "Crash" was the theme song for WWE Superstar Al Snow.