Matt Maher Born:
Matt Maher Quote:
"What I’ve realized is that the harvest is plenty, but the laborers are few. The reality is that because of the denominational barriers that exist, there are so few laborers in the Catholic Church."
Matt Maher's Early Years:
He was a young adult in college when his parents divorced and his mother, an American citizen, made the move back to the states. Matt made the move to Arizona with her and found himself in a whole new world. Going to church with his cousin, he encountered a youth group for the first time and a Jesus that he had never met. In a matter of weeks, the youth pastor and music director asked Matt to help out and his road to serving God through music began.
After college, he moved to Mesa, Arizona and met Dove Award-nominated songwriter and artist Tom Booth. Through that relationship, he worked with several popular artists like Israel Houghton, Kathy Troccoli and Rich Mullins.
Maher accepted a full-time position at St. Timothy Catholic Community and started writing songs for his church. He released three independent albums through spiritandsong.com.
Matt Maher Gets Signed:
Matt Maher Trivia:
- NASA astronauts have taken Matt's music to space three times (2008, 2009, 2010).
- In April 2008, when Pope Benedict XVI visited the United States, Maher was asked to lead worship for crowds of thousands at the Rally for Youth and Seminarians in Yonkers, New York.
- Matt sang "Litany of the Saints" for Pope John Paul II and 700,000 youth at 2002 World Youth Day.
- "Your Grace Is Enough" has been sung in roughly 150,000 CCLI licensed churches in the U.S. (5 million people).
- "Just Like You" and "Love Has Come" were recorded by Kathy Troccoli for her album The Heart of Me, which received a Grammy nomination for 2002 Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album of the Year.
Matt Maher Discography:
- The Love In Between, Sept. 20, 2011
- Alive Again, 2009
- Empty & Beautiful, 2008
- Overflow, 2006
- Welcome to Life, 2004
- The End and the Beginning, 2002