The Bottom Line
- Group 1 Crew proves again that you can praise God and have fun doing it
- A wonderful blend of rap, R&B and pop makes this release work
- "Live Out Loud!" - the perfect anthem for fans of all ages
- They didn't move far past their debut sound, but that's not necessarily a bad thing
- Style: Hip Hop meets R&B and pop
- 14 songs
- Released: September 16, 2008
Guide Review - Group 1 Crew - 'Ordinary Dreamers'
"Movin" starts the disc off on an upbeat, party in the streets note. My 8-year-old was out of her chair in the first 10 seconds and I found myself 'movin' right with her about 10 seconds later! Another party favorite is "I Had A Dream." Classical rap delivery with a strong message made this tune a huge favorite with my 13-year-old. "Living the Life" comes in with a style that would get the attention of any Kanye West fan with a lot more faith and a lot less drama. "Critical Emergency" brought the house down and the mom in me loved the message even more than the music fan in me (and my girls) loved the beat.
The pop delivery of "Change" was ... something of a change and a "mom" favorite because the lyrics here are killer and I can so relate after recently celebrating the 11th anniversary of my 30th birthday.
- I never believed that that that things will never change
Cuz whenever I look back back nothing has stayed the same
Except the fact that you have given me all that I need
To turn this world into a place that has the strength to believe
What really matters here is that Group 1 Crew has a message and they don't sacrifice it to get a good sound. Fun and funky enough to get your attention, regardless of your age, the music may be what catches you in the beginning, but the message will stay with you long after the last notes have faded.