The Bottom Line
- A blend of rock and power ballads that works
- The same Kutless we know and love, but with subtle changes
- The same Kutless we know and love, but with subtle changes that some may not like
- Style: Rock and power ballads
- 13 songs
- Release Date: June 24, 2008
Guide Review - Kutless - 'To Know That You’re Alive'
No, they didn't reinvent the wheel but they didn't go backwards either. The band, like the individual members, has grown over the years and growth means change. Let's face it ... we all get older and age tends to mellow even the hardest rockers, even if it is just a teeny bit.
Lyrically, the entire album shows that Kutless is still all about being true to what God called them to do and no matter what style of music you prefer, you have to admire them for that. They don't soft-pedal their words or make Jesus a generic sort of person who could be a Savior or a boyfriend/girlfriend/crush etc.
Personally, I think that this is one of the best albums Kutless has released. Out of 13 songs there were only 3 that didn't do much for me and 10/13 winners makes it worth the money in my book. Look out world, Kutless is back and they are most definitely alive!