Updated August 30, 2005
- Michael W. Smith is Christian music's #1 artist, and he recently had his 30th #1 single with the song "Here I Am." Smith has been touring all over the States, plans to tour Brazil and Europe this fall, and he's getting ready for the 2006 release of his first film, The Second Chance, where he's got the lead role.
- Gospo Centric/Zomba artist Dorinda Clark Cole is back with Live From Houston - The Rose of Gospel, which hit stores Aug. 30. If you're ever looking for smooth jazz with a gospel vibe, this is your lady! She is a feisty/passionate singer, the kind who puts her whole being into getting the notes out. Her current single, "Great is The Lord," is currently impacting gospel radio. Her new DVD will be out soon, and you know that will be lively. You gotta love Dorinda!
- Atlanta-based worship leader Aaron Shust just released his highly anticipated debut project, Anything Worth Saying, August 23 on Brash Music/Word Distribution. "This is a record that reflects my heart and I hope that people who hear it will find a connection," said Shust. "I think the majority of the songs have moments of introspection, moments of real honesty that confess, I don't have what it takes. I'm empty. But I'm running to the God that has it all." Listen for the single "Matchless," on the radio and see him on tour this fall.
- Singer-songwriter Mark Schultz, Christian music's Billy Joel, will release the two-disc, CD/DVD project Mark Schultz Live - A Night Of Stories & Songs, Sept. 27. The fourth project from Mark encompasses his greatest hits since the release of his acclaimed self-titled debut in 2000.
- The beautiful Bethany Dillon, Christian music's Mandy Moore, will have her song "Dreamer" featured on the end credits of the family-friendly film Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story, out this October. Dillon is also a featured artist on the `inspired by' soundtrack to one of the biggest films of the year, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
- Selah, perhaps the greatest inspirational trio in music today, brings together some of their best work on Greatest Hymns, their latest release featuring 12 hymns from their three previous studio recordings, including "Great Is Thy Faithfulness," "There Is Power In The Blood," "How Great Thou Art," "Amazing Grace" and "Bika Mono Ve (Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior)/It Is Well With My Soul." In addition, "Greatest Hymns" includes three selections available for the first time on a Selah recording: "O Sacred Head Now Wounded," from the multi-artist Next Door Savior project; the trio's never- before-released rendition of "Be Thou My Vision"; and "Be Thou Near To Me," with Jim Brickman from his Grace recording.
- Christian rock band Third Day will have a new studio album, Wherever You Are, out this November.
- He used to be a member of platinum-selling hip-hop group Three-Six Mafia. Then Mr. Del rededicated his life to Christ in 2000. He's doing holy hip-hop on his new release, The Future. The first single, "Calm Down," advises a listener to pay haters no mind because God has everything under control. "Love On God Tonight" outlines how young Christian couples should focus their energies and emotions on Christ rather than engaging in premarital sex, while "Necessary" explains that Christ is needed to make it in today's tumultuous times.
- It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas! Point Of Grace will launch the Christmas season Oct. 4 with the release of Winter Wonderland, the anticipated follow up to the girls' Gold-
certified A Christmas Story. Produced by Brown Bannister (Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith), Winter Wonderland includes 10 holiday songs showcasing Point Of Grace's intricate harmonies. Select tracks additionally feature string arrangements that were recorded in London.
Fans who have seen Point Of Grace on Michael W. Smith's acclaimed "Christmastime" tour will applaud Heather's rendition of "All Is Well" with piano accompaniment from Michael. Also featured are "Breath of Heaven" and the new original song, "Let There Be Light," which will further support "Winter Wonderland" at radio this October.
- If you're a fan of Building 429 (known for Glory Defined), get
their Space In Between Us - Expanded Edition August 30.
Featuring songs from their acclaimed national debut, Space In Between Us, the expanded edition CD is additionally enhanced to unlock video and music content at Building429.com. Originally released with 12 tracks, the expanded edition includes five additional tracks including two previously out of print songs, "All You Ask of Me" and "Free," a remix of "No One Else Knows," an acoustic version of the No. 1 hit, "Glory Defined," plus a new recording of the worship classic "Famous One." Building 429 will open for Casting Crowns' "Lifesong Tour" this fall. The tour will visit 38 cities from September 29 through December 4 and will additionally feature Tony Nolan, guest speaker/emcee for the night.