Tonight should be a night for family and family fun. We're staying home, enjoying each other's company and watching some Christmas movies. How about you?
Add some holiday cheer to your day with the Countdown to Christmas. Each day features a Christmas carol, gift ideas, a Bible verse and devotional, a recipe to try and the holiday TV schedule for the day. There are even extra goodies thrown in here and there!
Merry Christmas (or, as they say in Spanish, ¡Feliz Navidad!!)
Bible Verse of the Day
1 Corinthians 13:11 (KJ21)
- 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
As children, we thought Christmas was all about us - our Christmas wishes coming true, our gifts being exactly what we wanted, our stockings being full. We were too young to understand that Christmas is the celebration of a Savior and the gifts we give each other are given because we weren't there on that Holy night to join the Magi from the east as they came, bearing gifts, to worship him. Now that we are adults, we should put away the childish thoughts that Christmas is all about us and remember why we celebrate in the first place.
- More about 1 Corinthians
The free download of the day (courtesy of Amazon.com) is the touching "Little Drummer Boy" from Richard Marx. It comes from his 2012 Christmas album, Christmas Spirit.
Freddy Rodriguez, one of my favorite worship artists, shares some of his Christmas favorites ...
- Favorite Christmas carol - "White Christmas." It's a classic.
- Favorite Christmas TV special and/or movie - Jack Frost
- Favorite Christmas goodie - Those cool candy canes filled with M&Ms!
- Favorite Christmas tradition - What else? Eating!
- Christmas memory that stands out the most - Memories of my kids, especially when they were young, waking up on Christmas morning, opening gifts and just being happy.
Speaking of Freddy, did you know that he has two new singles out? "You Saved the Day" (Purchase/Download) and "Joy to the World" (Purchase/Download). Both songs are amazing and will lift your spirits.
This Bebo Norman project is not just an album that fans will enjoy. It's an album that fans will listen to and grow with. He brings light to the day that lasts long after the sun has gone down.
Lights of Distant Cities Track List:
- Lights of Distant Cities
- The Broken
- At the End of Me
- Daylight Breaking
- World Gone Dark
- Sing of Your Glory
- Wine from Water
- Outside Her Window Was the World
- ust a Glimpse
- Go With You
Moonlight & Mistletoe (2008)
Santaville is Nick Crosby's old-fashioned Christmas village that is open year-round. Tom Arnold (Nick) is struggling financially to keep the park open and it seems like even his business savvy daughter (Candace Cameron Bure) doesn't have what it takes to save it after trusting a ruthless "investor." Only a miracle can save them, but as Arnold reminds his daughter, "wonderful things can happen at Christmas."
- Watch the video trailer
Keriann Wilmot, our Guide to Toys, shares the twenty most popular toys of the year for kids of all ages.
If you like Mince Pies, Elaine Lemm, our Guide to British & Irish Food, has the best recipe you've ever tasted. This traditional British Christmas dish has been popular since 16th century.
Christmas TV - December 10, 2012
- A Miser Brothers’ Christmas
- Jack Frost (1979)
- Frosty’s Winter Wonderland
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol
- The Year Without a Santa Claus
- Home Alone
- Home Alone: The Holiday Heist
- Miracle on 34th Street
- Moonlight & Mistletoe
- Twice Upon a Christmas
- The March Sisters of Christmas
- Christmas Angel
- Michael Bublé: Home for the Holidays