Tonight is a good night to stay in and enjoy time with the family. Something slow and easy like a movie that the whole family can enjoy and some hot chocolate sounds like a great plan!
Add some holiday cheer to your day with the Countdown to Christmas. Each day features a Christmas carol, gift ideas, a Bible verse and devotional, a recipe to try and the holiday TV schedule for the day. There are even extra goodies thrown in here and there!
Merry Christmas (or, as they say in Japan, Merii Kurisumasu!)
Bible Verse of the Day
Proverbs 19:6 (NLV)
- 6 Many will ask for the favor of a man who gives much, and every man is a friend to him who gives gifts.
Isn't that the truth? Imagine how many new "best friends" the people who recently won the big lottery in November have now. Are you a giver or are you a taker? Are your Christmas thoughts about how many smiles you can bring to the faces of those around you or are they about whether or not you'll get what you want?
Annie Wolaver (Annie Moses Band), who is currently on tour through December 23, shares some of her Christmas favorites ...
- Favorite Christmas carol - "O Holy Night." Has there ever been such an incredible combination of lyrical depth and musical inspiration?
- Favorite Christmas TV special and/or movie - It's A Wonderful Life, without a doubt. It is so nice to remember that the Mr. Potter's of the world can't win when you have George Bailey and some help from the angels.
- Favorite Christmas goodie - This is an impossible question to answer! The answer all depends on what tasty you have in your mouth. But if you force me, I have to say I am a total sucker for stuffing.
- Favorite Christmas tradition - One of the most meaningful family traditions for us is candlelight Christmas Eve communion as a family. We read the Christmas story and sing carols too. It is always a very quiet and reflective time, and I love the way it preps us for the joy of Christmas morning!
- Christmas memory that stands out the most - One year we had an incredible snow storm and we built a snow fort the next day. You can't have a better Christmas as a child than when you have the awesome combination of snow, hot chocolate, and presents.
The free download of the day (courtesy of Amazon.com) is a rockin' Stray Cats version of "Jingle Bells" from Brian Setzer's Christmas Rocks: The Best Of Collection.
Derek Webb took a look in the mirror for the songs on Ctrl and the truth that he saw there is what he shared on the album. If you're looking for a rose-colored glasses type of faith, look elsewhere. If you prefer truth, however raw it is, Ctrl is an album for you.
Ctrl Track List:
- And See The Flaming Skies
- A City With No Name
- Can't Sleep
- Pressing On The Bruise
- Attonitos Gloria
- I Feel Everything
- A Real Ghost
- Around Every Corner
For kids, Christmas is a fun and happy time - or at least it should be. However, as Katherine Lee, our Guide to School-Age Children, shares, all of the hustle and bustle can lead to stress. She shares several tips that can keep your youngsters stress-free this Christmas.
This pumpkin pie is so tasty that you may not even realize that it's low-carb, sugar-free and or gluten-free!