Today, Jason Bare shares his favorite Christmas memory and even though our oldest child is now 25, I can remember his first Christmas and how much more special the day was.
Add some holiday cheer to your day with the Countdown to Christmas. Each day features a Christmas carol, gift ideas, a Bible verse and devotional, a recipe to try and the holiday TV schedule for the day. There are even extra goodies thrown in here and there!
John 15:15 (NCV)
- 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know what his master is doing. But I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I heard from my Father.
Never forget that Jesus is your Savior and your friend.
Jason Bare, the popular singer/songwriter who has enjoyed Christmas radio success with two original singles: "For the First Time," which reached #1 on the Christian Music Weekly (CMW) Worship chart, and “Have You Heard," the title track of his 2011 Christmas EP, which hit #2 on the CMW INSPO chart and peaked at #16 on Billboard’s Soft AC/Inspirational National Airplay chart, shares some of his Christmas favorites ...
- Favorite Christmas carol - "What Child Is This?" I love the combination of the melody and thought provoking lyrics that cause us to focus on the amazing gift we have in Christ Jesus!
- Favorite Christmas TV special and/or movie - I love Elf and The Polar Express (Love to watch these with my kids!)
- Favorite Christmas goodie - I think my favorite Christmas Goodies are those little shortbread cookies with sprinkles. I could eat an entire box of those things!
- Favorite Christmas tradition - My favorite Christmas tradition is turning on the Christmas music, and decorating the house with the family. I think this happens a little earlier every year! Pretty soon we will be decorating for Christmas in July! :)
- Christmas memory that stands out the most - Probably my first Christmas as a father. My daughter was born in January, so she was nearly a year old when Christmas came around. I remember her being so mesmerized by the lights, the stories, the goodies and all that came along with that special day. It took me back to my childhood, and instantly I became so thankful for such an amazing family and all the many blessings that God has given us.
The free download of the day (courtesy of Amazon.com) is the super rockin' "Santa Claus Is Back In Town" from James Durbin's Santa Claus Is Back In Town.
Baby's first Christmas is always a heartwarming event and the search for great gifts that will be both age appropriate and affordable is an adventure. Heather Corley, our Guide to Baby Products, shares 10 great gifts that fit the bill perfectly.