Today's Christmas carol comes to us from Francesca Battistelli. You'll adore it!
Add some holiday cheer to your day with the Countdown to Christmas. Each day features Christmas goodies that will help you enjoy the holiday.
Luke 2:1-20 tells us the story about the birth of Christ and includes on of my favorite Scriptures: 14 Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to people He favors. Those people that He favors? That's us - the people that He sent His Son to die for.
"Heaven Everywhere" is from Francesca Battistelli's Christmas album and it's one of those original tunes that could easily go on to become a modern Christmas classic.
Victoria Griffith, whose debut CD, Wellspring in the Wilderness is set for release in March 2013, shares some of her Christmas favorites ...
- Favorite Christmas carol - "Carol of the Bells"
- Favorite Christmas TV special and/or movie - Christmas Vacation, who doesn't love Cousin Eddie?
- Favorite Christmas goodie - Homemade Chocolate Candies
- Favorite Christmas tradition - Every year my dad and I have "Daddy Daughter Day." It's kind of like a date with my dad. When I was a teen, I think it was his way of showing me how a real man should treat me when I went on dates! Now, it's quality time with Dad! We always eat a nice dinner and Christmas shop for my mom. I hope this is a tradition that Ryan, my husband, will start with our daughter Molly when she's older.
- Favorite Christmas Memory - I always enjoyed Christmas with Grandmother and Granddaddy Inman when I was a child. My grandmother was big on traditions; she wanted everyone to dress in their "Sunday best" for Christmas. Grandmother fixed quite the spread with only the finest table decorations! The entire atmosphere was like what most people think you only see in the movies. After our dinner, Grandmother sat and had all of her grandchildren gather around while she read the story of Jesus' birth. After that, we all sang Christmas carols while my uncle played his guitar. Almost all of the members on Dad's side of the family can sing or play an instrument. Now, both Grandmother and Granddaddy are gone, but we still carry on the Christmas tradition that they both loved so dearly. My daughter will never know them, but I hope she can catch a glimpse of what Christmas was like with them!
Maire Loughran, our Arts / Crafts Business Guide, shares instructions on how to make a Wrapped Leather Bracelet. This gift is not only easy to make and inexpensive, it's also one that will remind the wearer how much you love them every time they wear it.