If you are hoping for great Christmas movies to watch on TV tonight, you're in luck. There are several running that the whole family will enjoy.
Add some holiday cheer to your day with the Countdown to Christmas. Each day features a Christmas carol, gift ideas, a Bible verse and devotional, a recipe to try and the holiday TV schedule for the day. There are even extra goodies thrown in here and there!
Merry Christmas (or, as they say in Finland, Hyvaa joulua!)
1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NLV)
- 1 I may be able to speak the languages of men and even of angels, but if I do not have love, it will sound like noisy brass. 2 If I have the gift of speaking God’s Word and if I understand all secrets, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I know all things and if I have the gift of faith so I can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give everything I have to feed poor people and if I give my body to be burned, but do not have love, it will not help me.
Christmas is the season of love and, as the Apostle Paul said, without love, we have nothing at all.
Josh Wilson, the man behind the Christmas Carol of the Day, shares some of his Christmas favorites ...
- Favorite Christmas carol - "Silent Night"
- Favorite Christmas TV special and/or movie - Charlie Brown Christmas
- Favorite Christmas goodie - The Caramel Sticky Buns that my Mom makes!
- Favorite Christmas tradition - Eating Mexican food on Christmas Eve.
- Christmas memory that stands out the most - Growing up in West Texas, we rarely got much snow. There was only one year where we had a big snow on Christmas Day and we spent the entire morning out playing in it. It was a great day even though I got hit in the face with a snowball.
The free download of the day (courtesy of Amazon.com) is Lisa Loeb's "A Holiday Song," which is only available from Amazon.
Clint Brown's Release, featuring guest appearances by Marvin L. Winans, Nicole Binion and Fred Hammond, is a beautiful urban worship album that will bless all who hear it.
Release Track List:
- A Life for a Life
- Beautiful God
- Send Your Rain
- Mighty River
- I Love Your Word
- I Adore
- God's Love
- My Everything
- Your Presence Amazing
- I'm Yours Forever
- Lord I Will Follow
Will Ferrell is much bigger than your average elf and that causes problems in the North Pole. Santa sends him back home to find his real dad (played by James Caan) and while here, he finds true love as well.
Chris Franchetti Michaels, our Guide to Beadwork, shares a pattern that makes a fantastic Christmas ornament. By the time that you're done, a small glass Christmas tree ornament has turned into an heirloom that your family will treasure.
Who doesn't love muffins? And when you add in cranberries, the tiniest hint of orange and pecans - well, let's just call it muffin heaven! Diana Rattray, our Guide to Southern Food, has a recipe for Cranberry Muffins that has gotten 5 stars from everyone who has tasted them.
Christmas TV - December 6, 2012
- Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July
- The Polar Express
- Disney's A Christmas Carol
- A Bride for Christmas
- Eve's Christmas