This year's Music in the Rockies offers more than 100 hours of sessions and seminars - all taught by the pros. Some of the topics include ...
- Career Development I: Marketing & Promotion for the Emerging Artist
- Career Development II: Booking your Independent Music Ministry
- Management Why Do You Need Management and When
- Getting Signed: Who & What Christian Record Labels are Looking For
- All Things Legal How Record, Development, & Production Deals Work
- Art of the Record: The Process of Recording an Independent Project
- Vocal Technique taught by Chris & Carole Beatty
- Live Showcase Feedback Perform live in a non-competitive setting with critique from the industry and your peers
- Sessions for BANDS Discuss the unique issues a band faces
- Living a Songwriters Life What does it take to be a songwriter today?
- Basic Tools for Songwriters Ideas, keylines, rhyme scheme and language, poetic devices & more
- Singing Your Muse Elements of a Great Melody
- Building a Great Lyric Essential Tools for the Lyricist
A special worship track is being offered by Worship Leader Magazine, a bi-monthly magazine that serves over 45,000 pastors, worship leaders, and musicians. This track will host classes, panel discussions and song evaluation sessions with an emphasis on the sacred art of worship music.
Clinics, Workshops, Panel Discussions and Song Discovery Listening Sessions Including ...
- Paul Baloche Paul will share his insights on worship, helping you learn to lead your congregation on a journey of worship. He will provide additional insights on songwriting that will help you hone your craft as a worship songwriter.
- Six other well known professionals will lead sessions exploring worship and your role as a leader.
The big event of this year's Music in the Rockies is the opportunity to compete for a chance to perform live at Night of Joy at Walt Disney World.
There are plenty of activities for the kids this year at Music in the Rockies, so parents don't have to worry about what to do with the kids! Activities include ...
- Kids Kamp (5-11 yrs. old) - Mornings will be filled with Bible training, music and crafts, while afternoons will provide supervised options for outdoor activities like hiking, swimming, archery, fishing and miniature golf. Plus ... the Kids Kamp will sing on the main concert stage Thursday night.
- Teen Connection (12-19 yrs. old) - These daily sessions are designed to give teens the opportunity to be spiritually challenged, as well as to meet new friends and hang out with some of the artists that will be appearing this year.
At night, much like during GMA Week in Nashville, there is no shortage of things to do and great music to hear. The artist lineup for the 31st Annual GMA Music in the Rockies Concert Series is diverse with six nights of concerts.
- Joy Williams
- Tree 63
- Karen Peck & New River
- Bob Nelson (comedian)
- Martha Munizzi
- Micah Stampley
- Jaime Jamgogian
- Jeremy Camp
- Ginny Owens
- Geoff Moore
- Shaun Groves
- Big Tent Revival
- Natalie Grant
- Chris Rice
- Brian Free & Assurance
- Stellar Kart
- William Murphy
- Caedmons Call
- Paul Baloche
- Margaret Becker
- Jonathan Butler
- Peculiar People
- Chuck Smith Jr.
- Denver & the Mile High Orchestra
- Charity Von
- The Imperials
- KIDS KAMP Choir
- Matthew West
- Daren Streblow (comedian)
- Sarah Brendel
- Julian Drive
- GMA Academy Grand Prize Winners