"I grew up singing gospel tunes right out of the hymnal at our church," explained Sara Evans in a press release. "Historically, gospel music has played a large part in the Grand Ole Opry and I am very honored to be a part of this album."
On February 5, 2008, How Great Thou Art: Gospel Favorites Live From The Grand Ole Opry will hit stores. (Compare Prices) This release will showcase some of the gospel music that is performed regularly at the Grand Ole Opry each year. The twelve songs were all recorded live at the Grand Ole Opry by artists like Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Charlie Daniels Band with Third Day’s Mac Powell, Dierks Bentley, Loretta Lynn, Patty Loveless, Ricky Skaggs and The Whites, Ronnie Milsap, Sara Evans, Trace Adkins, and Vince Gill.
- I'll Fly Away - Charlie Daniels Band/Mac Powell
- Blessed Assurance - Alan Jackson
- Precious Memories - Patty Loveless
- Precious Lord, Take My Hand - Ronnie Milsap
- Family Bible - Ricky Skaggs/The Whites
- Just A Closer Walk With Thee - Sara Evans
- The Old Rugged Cross - Brad Paisley
- Wayfaring Stranger - Trace Adkins
- Where No One Stands Alone - Loretta Lynn
- Give Me Jesus - Vince Gill
- A House Of Gold - Dierks Bentley
- How Great Thou Art - Carrie Underwood
When asked about his participation in the "I'll Fly Away," Third Day’s Mac Powell was quoted in the December 28, 2007 edition of USA Today as saying, "I grew up listening to Charlie Daniels and singing in church. This duet is one of the highlights of my career."
With that many huge talents on one release, this album looks like it will be a highlight for a whole lot of people!