From the article: Christian Wedding Songs and Love Songs
Weddings are a flurry of activity from the planning stages to the actual ceremony and reception. But regardless of how busy and hectic things get, there are some moments that will stay with you forever. Take the first dance - the song that played is one that you will never forget. Will you share "your song" and why you picked it? Share Your Song
"I Do" by Westlife
- Soooo good! I'm just looking for new wedding songs and I really like this one.
- —Guest Denise
- "When I Say I Do" by Matthew West. This song says it all! It makes me cry!
- —Guest Shelby
What Song Played During Your First Dance
- Not so much a dance song for my wonderful wife and I, as I have two left feet, but our song was Celine Dion's "If You Asked me To." Now, 20 years later, I wouldn't change a moment. I found my soulmate and if she asked me to, I would do it all over again.
- —Guest Brian
"Crazy Girl" - Eli Young Band
- Our song was "Crazy Girl." It was an amazing night! :)
- —Guest Haley jo
"Soulmate" by Josh Turner
- Probably going to be ours (I've gone a little overboard on the Josh Turner music in the past few months, and we're a little burnt out), but if you like or are okay with country "twang," it's such a wonderfully appropriate song. (Josh Turner is a country singer, not a Christian singer, but he's a Christian and sings a good number of Christian songs.)
- —Guest Kim
- "Wrapped In Your Arms" by Fireflight or "I Promise" by Jaci Velasquez. These are great wedding songs.
- —Guest Cody
Change of Plans
- My husband and I had planned to dance to "Is This Love?" by Bob Marley...but the DJ forgot the CD with our song on it! So we danced to James Taylor, "Something in the Way She Moves." Meanwhile a friend ran out to the store and bought the Marley CD, so the whole wedding party danced to "our" song later. Also, my sister sang "I Will Be Here" during our ceremony. Beautiful!
- —Guest Chrisi
Dance Lessons Helped Us Rock It!
- Our wedding song was "If You Can See What I See" - love it! For our 1st dance, we choreographed Anne Murray's, "Can I Have This Dance." We took three months of dance lessons before the wedding and we rocked it!
- —Guest Matt Bocan
Our First Dance
- "When I Found You" BeBe and CeCe Winans "You're the One" Lisa Shipman
- —Guest CM Event Planners Nutley NJ
Two Paths Become One
- "Born Again" by Third Day ! It represents so much of who we are as a couple and how our paths became one.
- —Guest Kristina
You Light Up My Life
- Our 1st Dance was to "You Light Up My Life," but Robert wrote and sung a song as I walked down the isle as a wedding gift to me" called He Who Finds A Wife." Recently recorded in Nashville TN, the song can be personalized for anyone.
When I Say I Do
- Another GREAT Christian wedding song is "When I Say I Do" by Matthew West. I just found it a couple months ago and LOVE it!! My wedding song was "A Page is Turned" by Bebo Norman :)
- —Guest EMYod
- How cool...our song was "I will be there' by Steven Curtis Chapman!!
- —Guest Jim
"I will be there"- Steven Curtis Chapman
- Once I heard this song for the first time, I knew it had to be the one. It was absolutely perfect.
- —Guest alexis