Skillet was originally formed in Memphis, Tennessee in 1996 with two members: John Cooper (who had been the lead singer for the Tennessee progressive rock band Seraph) and Ken Steorts (former guitarist for Urgent Cry). Drummer Trey McClurkin came in to complete the line-up for the original band. Over the years, band members have come and gone (with the exception of John) and their sound has changed and evolved, but as any panhead can attest, they just keep getting better.
- John Cooper – lead vocals, bass
- Korey Cooper – keyboard, vocals, rhythm guitar, synthesizer
- Jen Ledger – drums, backing vocals
- Seth Morrison – lead guitar - joined in 2011
Additional Players on Tour
- Jonathan Chu – violin
- Scotty Rock — backing bass
- Tate Olsen – cello
Former Skillet Members
- Ken Steorts – guitar (1996–1999)
- Trey McClurkin – drums, backing vocals (1996–2000)
- Kevin Haaland – guitar (1999–2001)
- Lori Peters – drums (2000–2007)
- Ben Kasica - guitar (2001-2011)
- Jonathan Salas - guitar (2011)
Skillet - The Early Years:
After Seraph and Urgent Cry both broke up, John Copper and Ken Steorts' pastor talked the two of them into joining forces to form a new band. They called themselves Skillet because they came from such different musical backgrounds that they felt like they were throwing everything into a skillet to see what they could cook up. Drummer Trey McClurkin rounded out the trio and in mere weeks, Forefront Records had signed them.
- Rise, 2013
- Awake: Deluxe Edition, 2009 (Purchase/Download)
- Awake, 2009
- Comatose Comes Alive, 2006 (CD/DVD combo) (Purchase/Download)
- COMATOSE: Deluxe Edition, 2006 (CD/DVD combo)
- Comatose, 2006 - (Certified RIAA Gold 11/03/2009)
- Collide Enhanced, 2004
- Collide, 2003 (Purchase/Download)
- Alien Youth, 2001 (Purchase/Download)
- Ardent Worship Live, 2000 (Purchase/Download)
- Invincible, 2000 (Purchase/Download)
- Hey You, I Love Your Soul, 1998
- Skillet, 1996 (Purchase/Download)
Skillet Starter Songs:
- "Alien Youth" (Purchase/Download)
- "Best Kept Secret" (Purchase/Download)
- "Boundaries" (Purchase/Download)
- "Collide" (Purchase/Download)
- "Eating Me Away" (Purchase/Download)
- "Energy" (Purchase/Download)
- "Forsaken" (Purchase/Download)
- "Savior" (Purchase/Download)
- "The Last Night" (Purchase/Download)
- "Vapor" (Purchase/Download)
- "Your Name Is Holy" (Purchase/Download)
- 2013 - Skillet wins the Dove Rock Song of the Year
- 2012 - Skillet Gets Two Dove Nods
- 2010 - Nominated for Group of the Year, Artist of the Year, Rock Song of the Year
- 2008 - Winneer of Rock Recorded Song of the Year and nominated for Modern Rock Album of the Year and Artist of the Year
- 2007 - Nominated for Rock Album of the Year
- Skillet Named a Finalist in 2012 Readers' Choice Awards for Best Christian Hard Rock Band
- Skillet Named a Finalist in 2011 Readers' Choice Awards for Best Christian Hard Rock Band and Best Band to See in Concert
- 2011 BMI Christian Music Awards Winners
- Billboard Music Award - 2011 Top Christian Album winner, 2012 double nominee
Skillet on TV and in the Movies:
- "Awake and Alive" was on the soundtrack for Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It was used for the November 2009 promo for the soap opera, One Life to Live.
- "Best Kept Secret" and "Invincible" appeared in the movie Carman: The Champion.
- "Come on to the Future" and "Invincible" were featured on the soundtrack for the movie Extreme Days.
- "Hero" was used for the trailers of the 20th century Fox Film Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.
- "You Are My Hope" and "A Little More" were featured in two episodes of the CBS show Joan of Arcadia.
- "You Are My Hope" was featured on CW show America's Next Top Model.
Skillet and Sports:
- "Hero" (from Awake) was used in the TV commercials for the NFL on NBC; it was the theme song for WWE Tribute to the Troops and Royal Rumble 2010 and it was played throughout the 2009 World Series (game 3).
- "Monster" (also from Awake) was used in the episode "Jason: The Pretty-Boy Bully" on MTV's Bully Beatdown as well as on the WWE event 'WWE Hell in a Cell 2009'.
- "Hero" and "Monster" were both included on the official soundtrack for the WWE video game WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010.
- "Rebirthing" is the theme song for the Philadelphia Flyers when they hit the ice.
Skillet and Video Games:
- "A Little More" can be added to the Christian video game "Dance Praise" via the Dance Praise- Expansion Pack Volume 3: Pop & Rock Hits.
- "Hero" and "Monster" are on the "WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010" soundtrack.
- "Monster" is a downloadable track in Rock Band 2.
- "The Older I Get," "Savior," and "Rebirthing" can be played on the Christian Video Game "Guitar Praise" for PCs or Macs.
Skillet News & Notes:
- Skillet Tour Dates
- Skillet Photo Gallery - 2013 Valdosta, GA Concert
- Skillet Photo Gallery - 2011 Carolina Rebellion Concert
- Skillet - One of the Top Christian Hard Rock Bands
- Essential Christian Rock Albums
- Christian Songs With One in the Title
- Skillet Lyrics Quizzlet
- Top 20 Songs of 2009
- Top 40 Songs of 2008
- Backstage with John Cooper (2009 Interview and Photo Gallery)
- Skillet's John Cooper Answers the Questions (2004 Interview)
- Interview with Skillet's John Cooper (2003)